[Table]

Elements area

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

    Source note(s)

      Display note(s)

        Hierarchical terms

        [Table]

          Equivalent terms

          [Table]

            Associated terms

            [Table]

              278 Archival description results for [Table]

              278 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
              Cashel (Moyrus Civil Parish)
              P/P120/3/3/9/2/7 · File · 1983-2007
              Part of Personal

              Recorded stories on the construction of the church in 1896, where much of the labour was provided on a voluntary basis. The stories were collected between May 1969 and May 1970. This is a copy made in 1996, the original is in the possession of Fr Cosgrove, the Parish Priest at Roundstone.

              Faxed description of Cashel Church from Roddy McCaffrey (1997).

              Copy letter to Lord Roden from G. St. G. E. Grogan, Lieutenant-Commander Royal Navy with recollections of the Honourable John Jocelyn (provenance unclear, 1999).

              Letter from Arthur Reynolds enclosing a copy of an obituary for Mr J J O'Loghlen of Cashel (2007).

              Nuachtlitir an Chaisil from 1983, magazine celebrating 25 years of Cashel credit union, Community ephemera, including the 1983 community newsletter.

              Brochures for local hotels and lodges and press cuttings.

              P/P120/3/3/9/2/8 · File · 1981-2010
              Part of Personal

              Letter from David Ward enclosing a press cutting of his article in the Guardian (1981).

              Letter from Micheál Ó Conghaile to Tim (year unknown) in Irish, forwarding on a copy of a piece he has written on the origin of the placename Inis Treabhair.

              Press cuttings relating to Inis Treabhair 1981-2010

              Clifden (Omey Civil Parish)
              P/P120/3/3/9/2/13 · File · [198-]-2013
              Part of Personal

              File of correspondence, notes and ephemera relating to Clifden.

              Typed transcription of a letter from John D'Arcy of Clifden Castle to E G Stanley of Dublin Castle, 18 January 1831;

              Correspondence with Honor Smyth giving information on the Pye Estate (2008);

              Handwritten notes on Clifden, and from William O'Malley's 'Glancing Back' ;

              A proposal by architect Padraig Redmond for the Clifden Square Millennium Structure;

              Photocopied articles on Rock Glen Country House, 'Some Industrial Railways of Ireland' by Walter McGrath (1959); The Marconi Wireless Station' Paddy Clarke, RTÉ Broadcasting Museum; Photocopied timetable for the Midland Great Western Railway 1907;

              Envelope of photographs marked "Clifden, Cregg, Errislannan".

              A folder of press cuttings, and folder of programmes for Clifden Arts Week (2000-2013).

              P/P120/3/3/9/2/14 · File · 1984-1989
              Part of Personal

              Correspondence and enclosures relating to Inishturbot / Turbot Island, and High Island.

              Letter with enclosures from Richard Murphy on Árd Oileáin / Ardilaun / High Island. This includes third party correspondence he received from Máire MacNeill, Professor John V Kelleher and Professor Walter Horn, Richard Nairn (Irish Wildbird Conservancy) to Pascal Scanlon of the OPW noting bird breeds on High Island, and on state acquisition (1985);

              Photocopy of a Conveyance between Graham Henry Armstrong Lushington Tuloch to Richard Murphy, 1969, and several copied articles.

              Photographs of a trip to High Island in 1984 with "Pascal the stuntman and Leo archaeologist'.

              P/P120/3/3/9/2/15 · File · 1985-1992
              Part of Personal

              File of correspondence with enclosures mostly relating to Garumna and Leitir Mealláin. Correspondents include:

              Paddy Mulkerrins with notes on Crompán Charraig Thallach, Cnoc Dudley, the McDonagh family, the Comerford family (1985)

              Copy of an OS map with an X marking Balla Shadhbh, and a note to Tim from Pádraic de Bhaldraithe.

              Photocopy of handwritten notes on placenames including Baile na Cille, Poll Uí Mhuirinn, Seanachomhlas, An Droim, An Droim Iochtair, and several more. Also includes notes on features in Leitir Mealláin, with numbering on the side and a (likely) corresponding OS maps (Muintearas FÁS scheme, 1992). (Irish Language).

              Photocopied article 'The Ethnography of Carna and Mweenish in the Parish of Moyruss, Connemara' by Charles R Browne, MD. Contains notes.

              Three issues of 'Glór na nOileán' magazine from 1985.

              Photocopy from 'Scéalta na nOileáin', Peadar Ó Direáin (1929), with a postit note highlighting a reference to Captain Ó Máille.

              Typed field listing of An Ceapach, refers to a corresponding map by Paul Mohr, but this map was not in the original folder.

              Ros a Mhíl and Casla
              P/P120/3/3/9/2/16 · File · [1982]-2010
              Part of Personal

              File of correspondence with enclosures relating to Ros a Mhíl and Casla. Correspondents include:

              Pat Folan, GMIT enclosing extra detail about Tóin an Cnoic and the Martello Tower at Ros an Mhíl (undated);

              Liam Mac an Iomaire with enclosures relating to Bruce Ismay (of the White Star Line, a passenger on board Titanic), Colm Ó Lochlainn, and a piece on the Costello Lodge in Derrynea from the Landed Estates Database (20 Feb 2010);

              Michael Gibbons enclosing aerial photographs (undated).

              Photocopies of a plan drawn up for Rossaveel Ferry Terminal, with map, aerial photograph of a small craft harbour, a business card for Captain John C Donnolly, Harbour Master (note to say received 2005);

              Newspaper clippings on Bruce Ismay, Séamus Ó Conghaile, Jack Toohey, Roger Casement's role in the Connemara Relief Fund, and Eddie Delaney's sculptures.

              Brochures for local businesses late 1980s.

              Envelope of photographs marked "An Ceathrú Rua, Ros a Mhíl, Teach a' Bhlaca", mostly photographs taken around Ros a Mhíl (1982-1987).

              Inishbofin and Inis Airc
              P/P120/3/3/9/2/17 · File · [1987]-2010
              Part of Personal

              File of correspondence and research notes relating to Inishbofin and Inis Airc.

              Letter from Paul Walsh, Archaeological Branch OS enclosing a draft article on the fort on Inishbofin, (final copy included), and commenting on a recent field trip investigating a possible megalithic tomb Robinson identified (1987);

              Correspondence from Michael Gibbons enclosing an account from 1741 about wilful and malicious damage to the bow of a ship called the Kitty Brigg, and another enclosure on the legend of St Scothine. (undated);

              Photocopy on the vessel Kitty Brig, received by Sheila Mulloy, with accompanying article she wrote 'Inishbofin - the ultimate Stronghold" (1987-2008);

              Handwritten notes in Tim's writing taken from the Name Book on Inishbofin;

              Photocopies of several articles and sources:
              Griffith's Valuation for Co Mayo, Barony of Murrisk, Union of Clifden;
              'Reconsidering early medieval seascapes: new insights from Inis Airc, Co Galway, Ireland, with note to Tim on top from Michael [Gibbons];
              'An Island's Story' M Reddington (Robinson has referred to this article as being the only mention of the shipwreck in Inishbofin being the Royal Oak);
              'History of Inishbofin and Inishark' by Rev John Neary;
              Photocopy from 'Clare Island Survey: Westropp on Inishturk, Caher Island, Inishbofin and Inishark';
              'The Flora of Inishbofin and Inishshark' by D A Webb and J Hodgson;
              Printed map of Inishbofin put together by the local Community Development Association in 1993, and based on the 6 inch OS map in 1991-2;
              Photocopied map of Inishark with some handwritten notes.

              Newspaper clippings and tourist brochures.

              Copies of fortnightly newsletter 'The Inishbofin Inquirer'. (1990-1992).

              Additional secondary reading
              P/P120/3/3/9/2/18 · File · [n.d.]
              Part of Personal

              Photocopy from 'An t-Iomaire Ruadh' le Tomás Ó Máille, 1939. Tim Robinson's handwritten notes on the piece, focusing on Placenames.

              P/P120/3/3/9/4/1 · File · [1987]-2012
              Part of Personal

              Family tree of the Clements family (Cromwellian Ensign), hand-drawn by Tim. Covers the period 1690s-1950s. Connection to Arigna Mines;

              Correspondence from Mary and Nora Keane, forwarding enclosures with information about clergy in the Kilbride Parish, and information on Fr Durkan, Fr Hugh O'Rourke and others. (1996);

              Letter from Una Hoydal requesting information on a man who once lived in Dog's Bay of the name Santiago (18th century), (2003);

              Correspondence from Rionach uí Ógáin, National Folklore Archive, seeking information on people Séamus Ennis met on the course of his travels, and two pages of handwritten notes (beginning mid sentence) of a story told to Tim by Miss Dundass in Roundstone in 1984 about her grandfather. (2005);

              Correspondence from Mary Pat Joyce with information on the Joyce family of Muintir Eoin, enclosed folder of information on the family from 1856, and covering the period of Parnell and the Land League. (2012);

              Letter from Patrick Melvin referencing the Blakes of Doon House, (undated);

              A poem 'Replies from Inishlacken';

              Press cuttings relating to a bridge at Inis Ní.

              Fr M D Conroy memoir
              P/P120/3/3/9/4/2 · File · 1943
              Part of Personal

              Photocopy of Fr M D Conroy's memoirs, (January 1943). Fr Conroy was ordained in 1884, and appointed to Leitir Mealláin / Lettermullan and Carraroe, and ordered to build a church in Leitir Mealláin. His memories outline Parish Priests and local churches and schools in the areas from the time of his ordination. It covers Ada Yeats who taught lace making in Croe, evictions and rioting in Croe, Casheen Bay as a safe anchorage for the Duke of Edinburgh when distributing food and clothing to the poor, the arrival of German v-boats there during the first World War. The role of the Comerford family of Kinvara. It covers in detail the division of Killannin into Killannin, Spiddal, and Killeen, and Fr Coyne's objection when Killanin was given to Galway in 1890. Fr Conroy later encountered problems with Fr Coyne's faction, with several confrontations involving a police presence and subsequent trial. Two pages of Robinson's handwritten notes accompany the memoir.

              A handwritten note in Tim's writing to say they are a copy of the typescript in possession of Fr M Lang, the Parish Priest at An Cheathrú Rua.