Price list of Irish books available from the Irish Industries Depot of the Gaelic League in Madison Avenue.
Manuscript
6357 Archival description results for Manuscript
A note on Iorrus Mhór, where a beach known as Na Searra disappeared. Reference to Seán Mac Giollarnáth's 'Annála Beaga ó Iorras Aithneach'.
Set of index cards describing some of the history of Iorrus Aithneach [Iorras Aintheach], and how its local people have survived of the past few hundred years. A mill, and working the sea were its residents' two main occupations, with some seasonal work described here.
Set of index cards describing the physical features of Iorras Beag Thoir [Errisbeg East]. Located in Moyrus Civil Paris, and the Roman Catholic Parish of Roundstone. The features described include Aill na cGuinneog, Scailp an Tobac, Loch Beag, The Long Hollow, Leachta Tom, Daniel O'Connell's stone (a boulder from which he addressed a meeting), Mícheál's Grave (story behind this is included), the local school, the wire, Béal an Shéarain, Gleann Dárois, Loch Beanna Dubha, Aill an Eibhinn, Tower an Phuca, The Dog Lake, Cúgla [Coogla/Cúige Veadh], Mass Rock, Church, Loch Róisín na Róige, French Heath Tamnóg, Goibín Géar, Errisbeag House, Adhfola, Doire Chonna, Cloch an Dorais, Caorán Elder, Ballintan, The Tower, Bolard, The Malt House, The Fairy Woman's House, and Cnoc an gCorrbhéal. Some local people are credited with providing information. These are named as John King, Tommy O'Donnell, Mrs de Courcy, Festy Keane, Paddy Conroy, Michael Conneely,
Set of index cards describing the physical features of Iorras Beag Thiar [Errisbeg West]. Located in Moyrus Civil Paris, and the Roman Catholic Parish of Roundstone. The features described include a series of rocks located close to the shorelines of Dog's Bay and Mutton Island. These are Carraig na Feadóige, Ceann an Chlochair, Carraig na Raghailligh, Carraig á Scanain, Carraig an rudáin, Carraig an gliomach, Dréimire. Historical features of the area are also described, Iarbhalla, The Dugout (a hiding place during visits from the Black and Tans). Various other locations described include The For, Cnocán Mhuintir Uí Mháille, Meall na bhPréachán, Port na Feadóige, Muc Ghainimh, a note on local grazing rights around Dog's Bay, Mucranagh, The Big House (anecdotal story included here), Gleann Thaidhg Bháin, Gleann Archaí, The Banks, The Béalóg, Loch Seánólaí, Trá Bheag, Trá Gharbh, Fód Ghlas, Oileán Mhuilt (Mutton Island on the OS and in the Field Name Book), Goirtín, Poll Dog (Dog's Bay), Feadóg (Gorteen/Gurteen Bay), Carraig Chabhalta, Trá Mhartáin, and Carraig Tholta. Some local sources are credited with providing information. These are, Delia Folan, L and B de Courcy, Tom MacDonagh, John King, Joe Rafferty, Festy Keane, Ronán Henderson, an un-named elderly Roundstone lady, Bridy Folan, and Paddy MacDonagh.
File of material relating to Ionad Árann, a new interpretative centre in Kilronan.
Includes the text from exhibition panels in the centre, promotional leaflets, a press clipping from Connacht Tribune reporting on the new centre (18 Sep 1992), and an invitation to Tim Robinson to attend the opening on 8 July 1993.
Invoices for general items from McDonnell & Co., General Merchants, and J.H. Cloran, Corn Merchant, both of Tuam, to Dermot O'Conor Donelan.
Invoices, accounts and copy correspondence in relation to the financial matters of the Gaelic League. Includes account of income and expenditure for the year ending 31 March, 1901, showing a total income of over £2646 (11 May 1901). Also copy of informati
Invoice from Waller & Co. to D O'Conor Donelan for mourning stationery totalling 11s.
Invite from the Grapevine Arts Centre Dublin, to an opening of paintings by Peter Somers.